DATE: Friday, December 1, 2023
LOCATION: Central Winnipeg - Main & Logan
SUBSTANCE NAME(S): Blue Down/Blue Ocean
VISUAL DESCRIPTION: Blue powder
- Substance sold as Blue Down or Blue Ocean
- Light blue in colour, looks like Kool-Aid powder
- 14 drug poisonings over a 24-hour period in the Main & Logan area
What is a drug poisoning?
When a toxic amount of a drug, or a combination of drugs, overwhelms the body. People often refer to this as an “overdose.” However, that word implies that a user knows what the dose is and has chosen to take too much, or that the user is being reckless. In fact, the drug supply is unpredictable and toxic.
If you are using substances, please:
- Use with a friend and stagger your use
- Start low and go slow
- Have and know how to use naloxone/Narcan
If you are using alone, consider calling a friend or the NORS line at 1-888-688-NORS so they can spot you.